A Dog’s Ear Fell Off After Its Owner Dyed It Bright Pink

Posted on

“[When] the scabs from the wound fell off, her ear fell off as well,” she explained, according to Coconuts Bangkok.

“There was too much dye on the dog’s ear,” she added in her Facebook post.

Coconuts Bangkok checked with a veterinarian at Rama 8 Pet Hospital, who confirmed that Diffy’s ear falling off could have been caused by a number of reasons.

“The chemical could have burned the ear off, the salon could have done it too harshly, the dog could have developed a severe allergy to the dye,” she explained, according to the report.

Live Science explained that human dye should never be used on dogs or other pets, as it contains toxic chemicals such as hydro peroxide and bleach.

These pets would then become susceptible to burns, poisoning, and blindness, among other things.

In October 2018, a dog named Violet suffered from burns, swollen eyes, and nearly died after its owner dyed its fur purple.

Source link

Also Read :   How to care for your dog in the snow